The procedures have been taken from the guidance set by the LTA and the committee insists that all players must adhere to them.
The procedures are below, and will be posted next to the court entrances. All members should read them before going on to the courts.
A hand sanitizer station will be available at the entrance to courts 1-5. Access to the clubhouse is prohibited for now, but first aid provision will be available at the hand sanitizer station.
If using courts 6 and 7 please use the hand sanitizing station or bring your own. Please do not socialise after play.
Thanks to all those members who have paid their fees. Those adult members who have yet to renew their membership are asked to pay their £150 adult or £250 family membership as soon as possible to help the club funds.
Members can pay 3 x £50 instalments June to August. The committee appreciates that two months play has been lost, so will be offering each adult a free block of coaching to be taken before March 2021. Group coaching is not allowed yet but hopefully it will start in the near future.
It is important that members read the attached list of procedures to ensure safe play for all at the club. It is also worth looking at Giffnock's safe practice video which lasts six minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aEZ79SEKYo.
Covid-19 New Procedures for Safe Playing
- Do not come to the tennis club if you or someone you live with has or has had symptoms of Covid-19 or you are in the most vulnerable category and have been advised to shield from the virus.
- Wash hands thoroughly before leaving home.
- Take hand sanitizer with you.
- Avoid touching gates, doors, fences, benches, nets.
- Stay at least 2 metres away from others, no physical contact with other players.
- No doubles allowed unless doubles pair are both from the same household i.e. the Smiths can play the Jones
- Do not share food or drink with others.
- The clubhouse should not be used and will remain locked. First aid equipment is located at the hand sanitizing station.
- If all the courts are being used those waiting should observe the 2 metre distancing rule and those playing should cap their play to one hour.
- Use your foot/racket to return balls to opponent or consider wearing a glove on the non playing hand to touch the tennis balls with.
- When serving use your own tennis balls with your initials written on them. New balls can be purchased from the club for £3 per tin of three — contact Bobby Kerr at 07831-208151. He will be at the club each Saturday at 10am for 30 minutes for the next few weeks.
- Avoid changing ends or change ends at opposite sides of the net.
- Coaching is only allowed with players from the same household. Individual coaching is permitted.
- Players should only use their own equipment and wipe it after play.
- Do not congregate or socialise after playing.
- Non-playing adult/guardian with a junior should be limited to one person.